[Dcoualumni] Nation's Capital Chapter: March 2018 Update

Amanda Janice amanda.e.janice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:35:53 EST 2018

Good afternoon Bobcats!

We have a number of exciting events coming up this spring and we would love
to see you there!

*Coming soon:*

   - *Quarterly Board Meeting, Tuesday, March 20, 6:30PM @ Capital City
   Brewery, 1100 New York Avenue, NW
   <https://maps.google.com/?q=1100+New+York+Avenue,+NW&entry=gmail&source=g>.
*Want
   to be more involved in your local alumni chapter? Join us at our next
   board meeting in March to learn more! See minutes from our most recent
   meeting on December 9 here
   <https://www.ohiou.org/board-meeting-minutes/2018/1/7/board-minutes-december-9-2017>
and
   from other past board meetings here
   <https://www.ohiou.org/board-meeting-minutes/>.
      - Remember, this summer, we will be electing the Vice President,
      Treasurer, and Secretary for the executive board (Lauren Vollberg will be
      the incoming President).  We need people who want to be active
      members of the Board and want to carry on the Chapter through
the next two
      years and beyond. For more information on the positions and
      responsibilities, check out the Board Election Update on our website
      <https://www.ohiou.org/board-meeting-minutes/2018/1/21/board-elections-2018-update>
      .

   - *DC Area Reception for Admitted and Prospective OHIO Students, Sunday*,
   *April 15, 1:30-3:30PM @ Stacy C. Sherwood Community Center (Fairfax,
   VA).* Members of the Undergraduate Admissions Office will be on hand to
   meet with admitted and prospective students from our area to discuss things
   like tuition, housing, meal plans, etc. as they prepare to enroll at Ohio
   University. Alumni are a helpful resource to share their experiences on
   campus and welcome the students to the Bobcat family. More information
   can be found on our website
   <https://www.ohiou.org/new-events/2018/2/27/dc-area-reception-for-admitted-and-prospective-ohio-students>
   .

*Later this year:*

   - *Annual Ohio Golf Scramble, Saturday, June 9, 1:00PM @ South Riding
   Golf Club.* Come out and have a good time as we raise money for our
   Chapter scholarship that supports a DC area student attending Ohio
   University. The winning golf team may qualify to go to the legendary
   Pinehurst Resort (No. 2 & 4) to compete in the ACURA College Alumni Team
   Championship. Cost is $110 per player and $30 per non player. We are
   looking for individuals or businesses as sponsors for holes/prizes for the
   tournament. If you are interested, contact Robert Walter at
   oubobcat33 at hotmail.com for more information. Check out more information
   on our website.
   <https://www.ohiou.org/new-events/2018/6/9/ohio-golf-scramble>

Please feel free to reach out with any questions!
Best,
Amanda

For more information on the Nation's Capital Chapter, please email or
engage on social media:
Visit the Webpage <http://www.ohiou.org/>
Join the Facebook Group
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/nationscapitalchapter/>