[Dcoualumni] Nationa's Capital Chapter: January 2018 Update

Amanda Janice amanda.e.janice at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:06:44 EST 2018

Happy New Year, DC Bobcats!

We are excited to share some upcoming events to kick off the new year in
style.

*Coming soon:*

   - *OU Basketball Game Watch versus Buffalo & Sock Drive, Friday, January
   26, 6:30PM @ Crystal City Sports Pub. *Join us for our annual basketball
   game watch and sock drive. Bring some new, unused socks to donate to a
   local shelter to help others stay warm this winter. We'll also be gathering
   to watch the Ohio men's basketball team host the Buffalo Bulls from the
   Convo. See the event page for more information.
   <https://www.ohiou.org/new-events/2018/1/26/basketball-game-watch-and-sock-drive>

   - *Quarterly Board Meeting, Tuesday, March 20, 6:30PM @ Location TBA. *Want
   to be more involved in your local alumni chapter? Join us at our next board
   meeting in March to learn more! See minutes from our most recent meeting
   on December 9 here
   <https://www.ohiou.org/board-meeting-minutes/2018/1/7/board-minutes-december-9-2017>
   and from other past board meetings here
   <https://www.ohiou.org/board-meeting-minutes/>.

*Later this year:*

   - *Annual Ohio Golf Scramble, Saturday, June 9, 1:00pm @ South Riding
   Golf Club.* Come out and have a good time as we raise money for our
   Chapter scholarship that supports a DC area student attending Ohio
   University. The winning golf team may qualify to go to the legendary
   Pinehurst Resort (No. 2 & 4) to compete in the ACURA College Alumni Team
   Championship. Cost is $110 per player and $30 per non player. We are
   looking for individuals or businesses as sponsors for holes/prizes for
   the tournament. If you are interested, contact Robert Walter at
   oubobcat33 at hotmail.com for more information. Check out more information
   on our website.
   <https://www.ohiou.org/new-events/2018/6/9/ohio-golf-scramble>

We have more activities in the works and will reach out with more
information soon. In the meantime, check out our new website
<http://www.ohiou.org>, which is updated regularly!

Best,
Amanda

For more information on the Nation's Capital Chapter, please email or
engage on social media:
Visit the Webpage <http://www.ohiou.org/>
Join the Facebook Group
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/nationscapitalchapter/>