[Dcoualumni] Nation's Capital Chapter: April 2018 update

Amanda Janice amanda.e.janice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:51:00 EDT 2018

 Greetings Bobcats!

We have a number of exciting events coming up this month and through the
year. We would love to see you there!

*We also want to gauge interest for two events*: group tickets for a play
featuring an OHIO alum this month and a tour of the National Cathedral this
summer. Please fill out the survey here to let us know if you are
interested! <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FNP733F>

If you missed our most recent board meeting, check out our meeting minutes
here <https://www.ohiou.org/board-meeting-minutes>.

*This month:*

   - *DC Area Reception for Admitted and Prospective OHIO Students, Sunday*,
    *April 15, 1:30-3:30PM @ Stacy C. Sherwood Community Center (Fairfax,
   VA).* Members of the Undergraduate Admissions Office will be on hand to
   meet with admitted and prospective students from our area to discuss things
   like tuition, housing, meal plans, etc. as they prepare to enroll at Ohio
   University. Alumni are a helpful resource to share their experiences on
   campus and welcome the students to the Bobcat family. More information
   can be found on our website
   <https://www.ohiou.org/new-events/2018/2/27/dc-area-reception-for-admitted-and-prospective-ohio-students>
   .
   - *1804 Party, Wednesday April 18th @ Crystal City Sports Pub.* To
   celebrate Ohio University's Founders Day, we are throwing a party and
   networking event and hope to see you all there! We will provide food and
   come prepared to play Athens trivia. See the website
   <https://www.ohiou.org/new-events/2018/4/18/1804-founders-day-party> for
   more information.
   - *Earth Day Clean Up, Sunday, April 22 @ Your Neighborhood. *Is there a
   park or other space in your neighborhood that you can spend a half hour
   picking up trash? Join fellow Bobcats on Earth Day for
   *#BobcatsGoGreen18* and clean up your local neighborhood. Take a pre-
   and post- clean up picture, post to social media (Instagram, Twitter, or
   Facebook) and use the hashtag #BobcatsGoGreen18. OHIO will send us t-shirt
   to wear for volunteering, so let John <dcchapterprez at yahoo.com> know if
   you plan to join! See the website
   <https://www.ohiou.org/new-events/2018/4/22/earth-day-clean-up-bobcatsgogreen18>
    for more information.
   - *Ohio Alumni Association Remote Race, Any Day in April @ Your
   location.* The OU Sports Administration program is organizing a Remote
   Race during the month of April.
   Cost is $15 to register: $5 goes to OHIO, $10 goes to a charity of
   choice. For members of the Nation's Capital Chapter, we are donating to
   the Community Food Initiatives Charity
   <https://communityfoodinitiativesorg.presencehost.net/> in Athens.
   -

   Follow this link <https://triregistration.com/reg2/Race.php?eventid=533> to
   register and choose "Ohio Alumni Association Remote Race presented by
   OU-HCOM".

   -

   When you go to the link to register, under the What's Your Reason drop
   down menu, we ask that all Chapter participants please select this
   charity.  You can also designate through the form that they are affiliated
   with our Chapter.  For more on this charity, visit this link
   <https://communityfoodinitiativesorg.presencehost.net/>.

*Later this year:*

   - *Annual Ohio Golf Scramble, Saturday, June 9, 1:00PM @ South Riding
   Golf Club.* Come out and have a good time as we raise money for our
   Chapter scholarship that supports a DC area student attending Ohio
   University. The winning golf team may qualify to go to the legendary
   Pinehurst Resort (No. 2 & 4) to compete in the ACURA College Alumni Team
   Championship. Cost is $110 per player and $30 per non player. We are
   looking for individuals or businesses as sponsors for holes/prizes for the
   tournament. If you are interested, contact Robert Walter at
   oubobcat33 at hotmail.com for more information. Check out more information
   on our website.
   <https://www.ohiou.org/new-events/2018/6/9/ohio-golf-scramble>

Feel free to reach out with any questions!
Best,
Amanda

For more information on the Nation's Capital Chapter, please email or
engage on social media:
Visit the Webpage <http://www.ohiou.org/>
Join the Facebook Group
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/nationscapitalchapter/>