[Dcoualumni] Spring 2017 Update: Nation's Capital Chapter

Amanda Janice amanda.e.janice at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:06:39 EDT 2017

Good afternoon Bobcats!

We have a number of events coming up this spring and we would love to see
you there:

   - *Ohio Golf Scramble, Saturday June 10th, 1:00PM-7:00PM @ Pleasant
   Valley Golf Club (4715 Pleasant Valley Rd, Chantilly, VA 20151). *Come
   out for a day of golf and fun in the sun as we raise money for our Chapter
   scholarship that supports a DC area student attending Ohio University. For
   more information, visit the Facebook event page
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/459386571062231/> and to purchase
   tickets, click this link
   <http://engage.ohio.edu/site/Calendar/1813878028?view=Detail&id=101628>.
   The deadline to register is June 3rd. We are also looking for individuals
   and businesses to sponsor holes/prizes--please contact Robert Walter (
   oubobcat33 at hotmail.com) for more information.

   - *Nation's Capital Chapter Quarterly Board Meeting, Monday, June 12th,
   6:30PM @ Penn Quarter Sports Tavern (**639 Indiana Ave NW).* The
   Nation's Capital Chapter Board is an active, dedicated group of Bobcats--if
   you are interested in becoming more involved and would like to join the
   Board, please plan to join us on Monday. RSVP to Amanda Janice Roberson (
   amanda.e.janice at gmail.com). For more information, visit the Facebook
   event page <https://www.facebook.com/events/236595103486383/>.

   - *Bobcats and Baseball, Saturday, June 24, 4:00PM-7:00PM @ Nationals
   Park (1500 S Capitol St SE).* Join your fellow Bobcats for an
   afternoon/evening of fun and baseball as we watch the Washington Nationals
   take on the Cincinnati Reds. We are planning a pre-game gathering near the
   park--stay tuned for more details! Tickets for the game are only $10! For
   more information, visit the Facebook event pag
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/165592840622274/>e and to purchase
   tickets, click this link
   <http://engage.ohio.edu/site/Calendar?id=101723&view=Detail>.

In other news, the Alumni Softball season is well underway. To cheer on the
team or for more information, contact Rick Wade <rwade83 at gmail.com> or John
Moore <dcchapterprez at yahoo.com>. We also have a number of board members
attending the Alumni Leadership Conference at OU during On The Green
weekend. We'll be coming back with some new ideas for events and chapter
engagement!

Please feel free to reach out with any questions!

For more information on the Nation's Capital Chapter, please email or
engage on social media:
Join the Facebook Group
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/nationscapitalchapter/>
Like the Facebook Page <http://www.facebook.com/NationsCapitalChapter>