[Dcoualumni] January Events Update - Nation's Capital Chapter

Robert Walter oubobcat33 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:16:44 EST 2013

Happy New Year Bobcats!

Upcoming Events

January

Jan. 9: Ohio vs. Buffalo Basketball Gamewatch
Join us to watch the Ohio Bobcats vs. Buffalo Bulls in a MAC regular season game!

*Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/120978244733295/

 Date: Jan. 9, 2012 (Wednesday)
 Time: 7:00 PM
 TV: STO

 Where: Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
 http://pennquartersportstavern.com/
 639 Indiana Ave., NW
 Washington, DC 20004

 Closest Metro: Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter; exit on 7th St, less than a block from the Tavern
 Cost: no cost associated, pay as you go
 Contact: John Moore, johntmoore at hotmail.com, 202-598-3331

Jan. 17: Political Discussion Panel/Networking Event
The Washington Policy
Forum provides a venue for alumni in our region to engage in thoughtful
policy discussions, to network with fellow Bobcats, and to stay more
connected to current Ohio University news, research, and projects.
Sponsored by: Voinovich School of Leadership & Public Affairs,
                      Scripps College of Communications
                      College of Arts & Sciences
                      Ohio University Alumni Association
                      Nation's Capital Chapter

 Join fellow alumni for our inaugural event, an engaging panel discussion on “The First 100 Days of the Next Congress and Administration”, followed by a reception.

*Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/304049036380186/

  Featuring confirmed alumni panelists:
 •       Randy Wynn ’73:  Chief News Editor, CQ Roll Call
 •       Ken Kies ’74:  Managing Director, Federal Policy Group
 •       Cory Fritz ’08:  Communications Director, Political Office of Speaker Boehner
 •       Don May ’92:  Managing Director, Farragut Square Group
 •       Drew Fields ’89:  Partner, Mercury Strategies
 •       Crystal King, Political Director, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

 The panel discussion will encompass tax and entitlement reform and
other policy issues across different sectors of the U.S. economy,
including healthcare and tech/telecom.

 Location:
 Capitol Visitors Center
 HVC 201 A/B
 Washington, DC 20510
 Closest Metro: Capitol South (Orange/Blue) or Union Station (Red)