[Dcoualumni] Nation's Capital Chapter - February Events Update

Robert Walter oubobcat33 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 3 21:09:20 EST 2012

Upcoming Events
 March

Mar. 8-10: MAC Tournament Basketball GamewatchesOhio ends the regular season with a win over Miami, and a record of 24-7.

Join us and watch the Ohio Bobcats in the MAC Tournament.  Come watch the Bobcats try to advance to the Big Dance!
*We will be having a special giveaways at this event*

Dates: March 8-10
Times: Thurs - 9:30 pm (Quarters)
             Fri - 9:30 pm (Semis)
             Sat - 8:00 pm (Championship)
Where: Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
639 Indiana Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20004

Closest Metro: Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter; exit on 7th St , less than a block from the Tavern

Cost: no cost associated, pay as you go
Contact: Robert Walter, oubobcat33 at hotmail.com

Mar. : Admitted Students Reception

The DC area Admitted Students Reception is a chance for area high
schools students and their families to ask questions to Admissions staff
 and Alumni about life at Ohio University.

 Please come share your enthusiasm about Ohio University with the next generation of Bobcats!

 Time:  2:00 - 4:00 PM
 Location: Ritz-Carlton Tyson's Corner
 Colonnade Room
 1700 Tysons Boulevard
 McLean, VA 22102

 Nearest Metro:West Falls Church (Orange)
 RSVP: Robert Walter, oubobcat33 at hotmail.com, 240-354-3600 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            240-354-3600      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Mar. 24: "We Are Family" Volunteer Day
Join us in volunteering with the We Are Family Senior Outreach Network and help the chapter to show compassion by bringing companionship into the homes of the elderly.

We Are Family serves seniors in the Shaw, North Capitol Street, Adams-Morgan, Petworth, and Columbia Heights neighborhoods. They bring advocacy, services, organizing, and companionship into the homes of the elderly, while helping to build friendships across boundaries like race, class, religion, age, culture, and sexual orientation.

Activity: Columbia Heights & Parkview Grocery Delivery