[Dcoualumni] Ohio Golf Scramble, June 25 - Nation's Capital Chapter

Robert Walter oubobcat33 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:36:16 EDT 2011

We would love to have you join us as a participant in the our best Golf Scamble yet!

Come meet our special guest at the post-tourney awards dinner - Leon Harris, WJLA-TV News Anchor

There are fabulous raffle and contest prizes, and goody bag items!
     Golf Clubs, Golf Bag, Baseball Tickets, Pro-Sports team swag, Golf Equipment, and more..

We have great hole-in-one contest prizes!!
     Win an Acura Car, golf club sets, and more...

And the Grandest Prize for the Grand Prize!!!
     An expenses-paid weekend at the Legendary Pinehurst Resort in NC, and entry into the ACURA College Alumni Team Championship.
     Compete against the winners of more than 60 alumni tournaments from around the country.

If you have not already registered, please do so by June 19th to ensure your spot in the Ohio Golf Scramble!

June 25: Ohio Golf Scramble
South Riding Golf Club
http://www.southridinggc.com/
43237 Golf View Drive
South Riding, VA 20152

Come out and have a good time as we raise money for a scholarship to support a DC area student attending Ohio University.

The winning golf team will qualify for an expenses-paid trip to go to the legendary Pinehurst Resort to play in the ACURA College Alumni Team Championship.
The winning team will compete for the Acura Alumni Cup in this 2-day, 36-hole best-ball competition.

Leon Harris, News Anchor for WJLA-ABC7, will be joining us as our Guest Speaker for the Post-Tournament BBQ and Awards ceremony!

Times: 11:30am free driving range/Check-in opens

             12:30pm putting contest

              1:00pm shotgun start

              6:00pm (approx.) post-tournament dinner & awards

Cost: $110 per player, $40 per non player

*For Players - Package includes: round of golf, cart, driving range, 3 tourney contests, dinner after the tournament,
     one future free round per player at South Riding Golf Course, and a goody bag.
*For Non Players - Package will include dinner, and a goody bag. If you don't play golf but want to attend.

Online Registration: https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/OUL/event/showEventForm.jsp?form_id=68477

Payment options:

1. Register & Pay online, https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/OUL/event/showEventForm.jsp?form_id=68477

2. Or Mail a check made out to “Nation’s Capital Chapter” to the address below:

     Ohio Golf Scramble 2011
     c/o Robert Walter
     1704 S. Edgewood St
     Arlington, VA 22204
* Make sure to include the Name, Status (player/non-player), email address, Alum Status (school) for each person that you are paying for.

Tournament Details:

4 person Best Ball Scramble format

Prizes awarded on selected holes for:

Longest Drive

Closest to the Pin (par 3)

Closest to the Pin from the Fairway (par 4)

Mystery Contest(s)

Special Tournament Contests:

Pre-Tournament Long-Putting Challenge*

Hole in One Challenges*
Split the Pot Contest*
Raffle Drawings*

*additional fees to enter

Sponsors - We are looking for individuals or businesses as sponsors for holes/prizes for the tournament.
If you are interested, contact Robert Walter at oubobcat33 at hotmail.com for more information.
Sponsors will receive signage at a tee box on the course and mention in the online event page, and in the program/emails. It’s a great way to be noticed by OU Alumni and potential customers.

*Proceeds to benefit the Chapter’s Scholarship fund, and are tax-deductible*

Visit: http://www.ohiou.org/
for more information on the Nation’s Capital Chapter Network and other future events

Keep up with the "Nation's Capital Chapter - Ohio University Alumni Association" group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/NationsCapitalChapter

Keep up with the Nation's Capital Chapter - Ohio University Alumni on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?homeNewMember=&gid=1978845&trk=vgh&goback=%2Emml_inbox_none_DATE_1%2Emid_1214412959

Log on to the [Gateway] the Ohio Alumni online community, at http://thegateway.alum.ohio.edu/, to connect with other Bobcats.
There is a "Nation's Capital Chapter Alumni Network" Group on the [Gateway]

*If you wish to unsubscribe from the Nation’s Capital Chapter Network listserv, please reply to this e-mail with “unsubscribe- Nation’s Capital listserv” in the subject line.  Also provide the appropriate e-mail address if you have your messages forwarded from another account.

*If you received this email, via forward, and wish to receive chapter listserv messages, please reply to oubobcat33 at hotmail.com from the email account you wish to add with 'subscribe - Nation's Capital listserv' in the subject line.