[Dcoualumni] May Events Update - Nation's Capital Chapter

Robert Walter oubobcat33 at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 15:12:54 EDT 2010

Upcoming Events

May

May 12: May Happy Hour – MD

Come out and mingle with alumni in downtown Silver Spring at our rotating monthly happy hour!

Date:     May. 12, 2008 (Wednesday)
Time:     6:30 – 9:30 PM
Venue:  Austin Grill
               919 Ellsworth Dr.
               Silver Spring , MD 20910
Closest Metro: Silver Spring
Contact: Robert Walter at oubobcat33 at hotmail.com, 240-354-3600

June

June 6: Reds vs. Nationals Game

Come out and see the Reds for their only visit to Nationals Park in 2010!
Other Ohio Schools will be joining us at the pre-game tailgate!
*This game also features a "Kids Run the Bases" day after the game on the field*

Where:  Nationals Park
               1500 S. Capitol St, SE,
               Washington, DC  20003
Price:    $15
Time:     1:05 PM, Sunday
              (possible pregame tailgate reception at 11am in the Nats "W"  parking lot on M St, SE)
Closest Metros: RFK - Stadium/Armory (Blue/Orange)
                         Nationals Park - Navy Yard (Green)
Contact: Email Robert Walter at oubobcat33 at hotmail.com with the #
                        of tickets requested to confirm availability, then:
Mail checks to:  Nation's Capital Chapter
                          1704 S. Edgewood St
                          Arlington, VA 22204

June 16: June Happy Hour/Welcome Reception– DC
Come out and mingle with fellow Bobcats as we welcome newly graduated alumni to the DC area .
Join us at one of our most popular happy hour spots in the upstairs bar.
*We will be holding a prize drawing!

Where: Garrett's Restaurant & Railroad (Georgetown)

               www.garrettsdc.com
              3003 M St, NW
              Washington, DC
Nearest Metro: Foggy Bottom/GWU
Cost:    No cost associated, pay as you go
When:    6:30 - 9:00 p.m. (Wednesday)
Contact:  Robert Walter at oubobcat33 at hotmail.com, 240-354-3600

June 26: Ohio Golf Scramble

South Riding Golf Club
http://www.southridinggc.com/

Come out and have a good time as we raise money for a scholarship to support a DC area student attend Ohio U.

Times:   11:30am free driving range/Check-in opens
               12:30pm putting contest
               1:00pm  shotgun start
               6:00pm (approx.) post-tournament dinner & awards

Cost:     $110 per player
               $40 per non player

*For Players - Package includes: round of golf, cart, driving range, 3 tourney contests, dinner after the tournament, one future free round per player at South Riding Golf Course, and a goody bag.

*For Non Players - Package will include dinner, and a goody bag. If you don't play golf but want to participate, we are looking for "hosts" at the event for check-in, groups or individual holes.

Payment options:
1. Pay through Paypal online, www.paypal.com
Send payment through Paypal to nationscapitalchapter at hotmail.com

2. Or Mail a check made out to “Nation’s Capital Chapter” to the address below:
                         Ohio Golf Scramble 2008
                         c/o Robert Walter
                         1704 S. Edgewood St
                         Arlington, VA 22204
* Make sure to include the Name, Status (player/non-player), email address, OU Alum Status (Yes/No) for each person that you are paying for.

Tournament Details:
4 person Best Ball Scramble format

Prizes awarded on selected holes for:
    Longest Drive
    Closest to the Pin (par 3)
    Closest to the Pin from the Fairway (par 4)
    Mystery Contest(s)

Special Tournament Contests:
   Pre-Tournament Long-Putting Challenge*
   Hole in One Challenge*
  *additional fee to enter

Sponsors - We are looking for individuals or businesses as sponsors for holes/prizes for the tournament.  If you are interested, contact Robert Walter at oubobcat33 at hotmail.com for more information.  Sponsors will receive signage at a tee box on the course and mention in the event program/emails.  It’s a great way to be noticed by OU Alumni and potential customers.
*Proceeds to benefit the Chapter’s Scholarship fund, and are tax-deductible*

July

July 10: Ohio Cornhole Tournament

Come play in our 3rd Annual Cornhole Tournament!
The event will be jointly hosted by the Ohio, Ohio State and Xavier Chapters.
NCAA style elimination bracket - 64 teams
*Grand Prize* - A Brand New Customizable Cornhole Set

Where:  OHIO Drive (probable location)
                West Potomac Park
                near the Main entrance to the FDR Memorial
Cost:      $20 per team (2-4 players)
Time:     12:00 PM

Send payment through Paypal to nationscapitalchapter at hotmail.com
* Make sure to include the Name and Alumni Status (School) for each person on your team in the message section.

2. Or Mail a check made out to “Nation’s Capital Chapter” to the address below:
                         Ohio Cornhole Tournament
                         c/o Robert Walter
                         1704 S. Edgewood St
                         Arlington, VA 22204
* Make sure to include the Name and Alumni Status (School) for each person on your team in the message section.

June 14: July Happy Hour – VA
Come out and mingle with your fellow Bobcats at our monthly rotating Happy Hour.

Where: Sine Irish Pub, Pentagon Row
               http://www.sineirishpub.com/Arlington/
              1301 S. Joyce St
              Arlington, VA
Nearest Metro: Pentagon City

Cost:    No cost associated, pay as you go

When:  6:30 - 9:00 p.m. (Wednesday)

Contact:  Robert Walter at oubobcat33 at hotmail.com, 240-354-3600

August

August 28: Bobcat Family Picnic & Incoming Freshman Reception
Please come out and join us for a Bobcat Family Picnic at VA Highlands Park in Arlington, VA.

All Alumni, Current and New students to Ohio U. for the Fall of 2010, and their families are invited to attend.
*Special Guest - Kent Smith, Vice President for Student Affairs*

We will be welcoming the Incoming Students to the Bobcat family,
and answering any questions they may have about life at OU.

Where: VA Highlands Park
              1600 S. Hayes St
              Arlington, VA
      *Picnic grove under the trees between the soccer and softball fields along 15th St, South

Nearest Metro: Pentagon City
Parking available in the park's parking lot on S. Hayes St. or in the parking garage for the Pentagon City Mall across the street.

When: 12:00 - 3:00 PM
Cost:  no cost associated
RSVP: Please email Robert Walter, at oubobcat33 at hotmail.com,
           with how many will be attending in your group!
September

Sept. 8: Sept. Happy Hour – DC

Sept. 18: Ohio vs. Ohio State Football Gamewatch
Join us to cheer on the Bobcats in the Battle of Ohio!!

Where: Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
              www.dcsportstavern.com
              639 Indiana Ave. NW
              Washington , DC 20004
Closest Metro: Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter; exit on 7th St , less than a block from the Tavern
Cost: no cost associated, pay as you go
When: 12:00 pm (Saturday)
Contact: Wes Bornhorst, wbornhorst at gmail.com, 703-401-0815

*We will have a drawing for Ohio prizes - including items signed by Head Coach, Frank Solich

October

Oct. 14: Oct. Happy Hour – VA (Pre-Homecoming)

Oct. 30: An OU Halloween Party??

November

Nov. 4: Ohio vs. Buffalo Football Gamewatch
Join us to watch the Bobacts take on Buffalo in a Primetime TV Matchup!
Where: Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
              www.dcsportstavern.com
              639 Indiana Ave. NW
              Washington , DC 20004
Closest Metro: Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter; exit on 7th St , less than a block from the Tavern
Cost: no cost associated, pay as you go
When: 12:00 pm (Saturday)
Contact: Wes Bornhorst, wbornhorst at gmail.com, 703-401-0815

Nov. 16: Nov. Happy Hour – MD

December

Dec. 3: MAC Championship Football Gamewatch
Join us to watch the Bobacts in the MAC Football Championship!
Where: Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
              www.dcsportstavern.com
              639 Indiana Ave. NW
              Washington , DC 20004
Closest Metro: Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter; exit on 7th St , less than a block from the Tavern
Cost: no cost associated, pay as you go
When: 12:00 pm (Saturday)
Contact: Wes Bornhorst, wbornhorst at gmail.com, 703-401-0815

Dec. 15: Dec. Happy Hour – DC

 Visit: http://ohiou.org/
for more information on the Nation’s Capital Chapter Network and other future events

Log on to the [Gateway] the new alumni online community, at http://thegateway.alum.ohio.edu/, to connect with other Bobcats. There is a "Nation's Capital Chapter Alumni Network" Group on the [Gateway]

Are you on Facebook?
Keep up with the "Nation's Capital Chapter - Ohio University Alumni Association" group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40354446061

Are you on LinkedIn?
Keep up with the Nation's Capital Chapter on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?homeNewMember=&gid=1978845&trk=vgh&goback=%2Emml_inbox_none_DATE_1%2Emid_1214412959

If you wish to unsubscribe from the Nation’s Capital Chapter Network listserv, please reply to this e-mail with “unsubscribe- Nation’s Capital listserv” in the subject line.  Also provide the appropriate e-mail address if you have your messages forwarded from another account.

If you received this email, via forward, and wish to receive chapter listserv messages, please reply to oubobcat33 at hotmail.com from the email account you wish to add with 'subscribe - Nation's Capital listserv' in the subject line