[Currentcse] Fw: Kennedy Lecture Series Welcomes: Anita Hill

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 27 17:33:43 EDT 2019

This is a very special opportunity to hear from Anita Hill. Her experience happened quite a few years ago when the Supreme Court nominee, Clarence Thomas, was being confirmed. Just like what happened with Justice Kavanaugh a year ago where he was accused of sexual assault, so Anita Hill also spoke up and testified against Justice Thomas. Both individuals were Black and so there was an added dimension of racism involved as well. It was brutal for her, just as it was for this recent experience.

This is a free event, but will probably be really full -- so if you want to go be sure to get there early. It's this Monday. And for those of you who identify as female, this issue WILL impact your career, whatever that is. And if you identify as male, then you/we have a responsibility to interrupt this pattern of misogyny and sexual harassment in our places of work.

McCracken Hall 302U, Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
Email: hutchint at ohio.edu

Pronouns: Preference to use name; or he, him, his