[Currentcse] Courses of Interest Spring Semester

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 31 16:02:39 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

Attached please find a list of various courses that are offered across the campus that might be of interest to you as CSE students for electives and development of areas of your expertise and research background. It is always good to take courses that address the topic(s) that you may focus your final master's capstone on.

Three things to note:

First, there are undoubtedly other courses around the university that we didn't find to put on the list or that are specific to your interests--so don't limit yourself just to these listings.

Second, courses that are at the 5000 and 6000 level are master's level focused; courses listed in the 7000 and 8000 level are intended as doctoral level classes. Any graduate student can register for these courses (if pre-reqs have been met). You might want to check with your advisor (Mike or myself) in case we have a sense of the class and professor and whether a 7000 or 8000 level class would be a good fit. Alternatively, you can talk to the professor of that class as well.

Some of the upper level classes would be very do-able; others you have to be prepared for a heavier reading load and difficulty of material, and often some prior background in the subject area. But don't let that scare you away...just investigate first.

Finally, we did not list courses from the African American Studies department because they do not have a graduate program. That being said, if you are interested in any of their offerings, we can almost guarantee that you can get graduate credit for them if the faculty member is happy to have you in the course. So take a look at their offerings as well.

Happy class hunting!   --Theo

McCracken Hall 302U, Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
Email: hutchint at ohio.edu

Pronouns: Preference to use name; or he, him, his