[Currentcse] Fw: Love Yourself Week: Beverly Gooden Keynote Tonight!

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 25 13:33:28 EDT 2018

If you're free tonight!

________________________________
From: Campus Involvement Center <no-reply at orgsync.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 1:28 PM
To: Hutchinson, Theodore
Subject: Love Yourself Week: Beverly Gooden Keynote Tonight!

[OrgSync] <http://orgsync.com/login/ohio-university>

        [192a08ea 0f6b 467f 89d0 dfc94fd14331]

Love Yourself Week: Beverly Gooden Keynote Tonight!

Love Yourself Week: Keynote Tonight in Memorial Auditorium at 7:00 PM

"Why I Stayed" is a revolutionary speech by Beverly Gooden, renown social activist and creator of the #WhyIStayed hashtag and global movement. In this radical talk, Gooden challenges the question “Why did he/she stay?” and reveals how the current way we interact with survivors is a house of cards. From faulty blame attribution, to designating only men as abusers, it’s easy to overlook the sheer volume of domestic violence when the issue has historically been framed as “them” and not “us”.

That’s why, as Beverly argues, domestic violence is a community issue. Victims of violence can be women and men, LGBTQ and heterosexual, or even children. Victims of violence may have fought back, or remained silent. There is no perfect victim and no specific type of abuser. Beverly discusses her personal domestic violence story, reveals the most important questions to ask victims, and outlines how we all can help.

View News Post<http://orgsync.com/notifications/75953237>

View all of your OrgSync notifications<http://orgsync.com/notifications>

Go To OrgSync<http://www.orgsync.com> | Manage Your Notification Settings<http://orgsync.com/notifications/settings>

OrgSync, Inc., 13140 Coit Road, Suite 405, Dallas, TX 75240.