[Currentcse] Fw: Place-based learning workshops scheduled for February 27-28

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 15 18:17:11 EST 2018

Hello!  Here is a great opportunity to learn more about the potential and power of "place-based learning" or pedagogy. There are two workshops from which to choose, as well as a panel discussion.

As it indicates, there is no cost to attend, but registration is required. See the Event Page below, as well as registration information.

Place-based Pedagogy can be used in formal education (K-12, Higher Ed) and also in community organizing and perhaps even in workplace education and activism.

Hope to see some of you!  --Theo

(Thanks to Julia for reminding us!)

McCracken Hall 302U, Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
Email: hutchint at ohio.edu

Pronouns: Preference to use name; or he, him, his

Subject: Place-based learning workshops scheduled for February 27-28

Dear Colleagues,

The Teton Science School (TSS) is a leader in place-based learning and innovative pedagogy. Three representatives from the TSS Teacher Learning Center will be on the Athens Campus February 27–28 to lead workshops and facilitate discussions about place-based pedagogy.

In conversations with several colleagues over the past few months, I have learned that many of you are already engaged in some aspect of place-based pedagogy. If you are already engaged in placed-based learning or you would like to learn more about it, please consider participating in the events surrounding the TSS visit.

Place-Based Learning Workshop

9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 27
Baker University Center, room 240

Or

1:00–4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28
Friends of the Libraries Room (Alden 319)

Celebrating Place-Based Pedagogy Reception and Panel Discussion

4:00–5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 28
Friends of the Libraries Room (Alden 319)