[Currentcse] Today's News

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 14 18:28:45 EST 2018

Hello all...

In light of today's tragic news of another deadly school shooting and the unfolding numbers of those who died and who are injured, and those who will forever be emotionally injured...hold each other close. Be sure to tell those you love that you love them; don't wait for a crisis, but stay connected to one another. Reach out.

The work we do to understand our society and education and schools is some of the most important work we all do, whether others criticize our approach or not, whether others want to support us or not. Until crisis occurs, people don't want to challenge the status quo as long as their lives are comfortable.

We ask questions; we ask the uncomfortable questions about the status quo; we ask questions about the nature of our current society that is not a healthy society for human beings to grow. Our voices are needed; YOUR voices are needed. We stand up.

I am grateful for each of you who has chosen to study with us because in times like this, you give me hope. Our hope is to find ways to create a society where every human life can flourish. We have a long way to go--but we can never give up.

la lutta continua, with much love...   --Theo

McCracken Hall 302U, Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
Email: hutchint at ohio.edu

Pronouns: Preference to use name; or he, him, his