[Currentcse] Navajo Nation

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 30 14:16:31 EST 2017

Hi folks,

I know that most of you are not interested or are not in a position to do this, but I wanted to let you know one last time that if you are interested in participating in this summer's "Cultural Immersion in the Navajo Nation" study away trip, you should let me know as soon as possible.

The trip is from May 13th to 22nd, 2018. I can answer other questions if you want...and I have attached our flier to this email.

The reason I am asking about this is because I will be selecting one graduate student to be my program assistant for the trip. While that person will still have to pay the program fee and tuition for the trip...what they will get is their airfare paid for (approx. $800) and a stipend of $1000. So while we can't pay for the cost of the program, we have added that as support. The total cost of the program for graduate students including both the program and tuition will be approx. $3200. The assistant will then get the additional support.

If I have a number of grad students applying to go, I will interview those who are interested before selecting a program assistant. If I don't see or know that grad students will be applying, then I will begin to look at the undergraduate seniors who have leadership qualities.

Keep your chin up...the semester will soon be drawing to a close. So breathe, eat and sleep well, and go outside walk and listen to the sounds of the world! 😉

--Theo

McCracken Hall 302X, Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
Email: hutchint at ohio.edu