[Currentcse] Saturday Event (tomorrow)

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Fri Nov 10 14:10:38 EST 2017

Hi folks,

I just learned about an event occurring tomorrow night (Saturday) called "The Interfaith Amigos: Interfaith Dialogue in Challenging Times". It is from 7 - 9 pm in Baker 242. Pizza is served at 6:30 prior to the presentation.

Here's a brief quote from their description:

A Minister, a Rabbi and an Imam walk into a bar... We’ve all heard it but this time it’s not a joke. Pastor Don McKenzie, Rabbi Ted Falcon and Sheikh Jamal Rahman were brought together by 9/11. “The Interfaith Amigos” provide an entertaining presentation designed to bring people together, while respecting each other’s differences.

Their approach to inclusive spirituality provides a foundation for personal and communal healing. They start with the premise, “Everyone’s truth is true.” They add that “To try to convince someone of something else, is a significant waste of time.” They begin their conversation with this question, “You mean there is nothing I can possibly say that would influence your belief? That's how it is with me too. Now let’s talk.”

If you're on FB, you can look for The Interfaith Amigos event at OU for a little more info and links.

Sounds like it will be entertaining and educative!

McCracken Hall 302X, Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
Email: hutchint at ohio.edu