[Currentcse] "Bad Kids" PBS Monday

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Sat Mar 18 17:59:10 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

I've provided a link to a new episode on PBS's Independent Lens program, called "Bad Kids". It is premiering this Monday on PBS (either 9 or 10 pm). This is for all of you who worry about how we are serving our kids and their social/emotional development in schools. As we've studied we've learned that there is an overall immense bias against kids of color and poor kids in far too many of our schools.

Many of these kids get shuffled off to "alternative" high schools. Some alt high schools are simply "holding" places until the kids get old enough to graduate...but other alt schools are really incredible models of how to work with kids that other people have given up on. YOU could become part of one of these kinds of schools.

Obviously, I haven't seen this show yet but most every Indie Lens show is outstanding. Try to check it out...

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/bad-kids/<http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/bad-kids/>

[http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/the-bad-kids-sig.jpg]<http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/bad-kids/>

The Bad Kids | Last Chance School for At-Risk Teens ...<http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/films/bad-kids/>
www.pbs.org
Caitlin becomes the school's 29th graduate of the year, while another student is just a few credits shy of becoming proud graduate number 30. Black Rock Continuation ...

McCracken Hall 302X, Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
Email: hutchint at ohio.edu