[Currentcse] Who can teach who? and why or why not...

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Thu Mar 16 20:40:20 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

I found this article to be very thought-provoking and related to the reading and conversation we've had recently in EDCS 5010 Hist/Phil of Ed. I am sure i will buy this book to learn more.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/what-white-folks-who-teach-in-the-hood-get-wrong-about-education/<http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/what-white-folks-who-teach-in-the-hood-get-wrong-about-education/>

[https://www.bing.com/th?id=OVP.C6db6GwfScBJ759OlWhlowEsCo&pid=Api]<http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/what-white-folks-who-teach-in-the-hood-get-wrong-about-education/>

What ‘white folks who teach in the hood’ get wrong about ...<http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/what-white-folks-who-teach-in-the-hood-get-wrong-about-education/>
www.pbs.org
A Columbia University professor has had enough of what he calls a pervasive narrative in urban education: a savior complex that places mostly white teachers in ...

McCracken Hall 302X, Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
Email: hutchint at ohio.edu