[Currentcse] Volunteer Experiencing!!!

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Tue Dec 5 15:13:32 EST 2017

Hi folks,

Attached to this email are two fliers for volunteer opportunities and training in our community. These are open to any one who wants to participate; you don't have to be in a particular major.

As I've shared multiple times, if you know what direction or issues you want to spend time with now and in the future, you have to develop the EXPERIENCE (thanks, Dewey!) working with folks. We can provide practicum credits if you desire.

The first is a new collaborative project called PRISM Queer Youth Program. It will be meeting on Wednesday afternoons from 3 - 5:30 pm at Arts West here in town. It will be a once-a-week after school support group for LGBTQA youth (and allies) from age 12 upward. There are others who are organizing and planning...and you are welcome to make a regular commitment, or contact them to do a special project, potentially...or find other ways to support this work by contributing materials, etc.

The second is for training for volunteering and/or interning with the Survivor Advocacy Outreach Program. You will see on the flier that this can include working directly with clients, in educational outreach, or support office staff, etc.

Let us know if you decide to participate in either of these programs during Spring semester! It's great to know what your work is doing in our community.

best,  --Theo

McCracken Hall 302X, Ohio University
Athens, OH  45701
Email: hutchint at ohio.edu