[Currentcse] update on "Precious Knowledge"

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 17 14:47:32 EST 2016

Hey folks,

Those of you who have seen "Precious Knowledge" in my courses may be interested in this update. As of last year, a federal appeals judge ruled that outlawing Mexican Studies (La Raza) in the schools WAS discriminatory and ruled against Arizona and the Tucson School District.

I'm not sure what has occurred since then...but if you want, check out this article and read down to the end. As we saw in the film, some of the strongest protest was centered on reading "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" -- well, look now and see what that Huppenthal guy also thinks should be banned...in fact, it is one we read in class this semester (and others)! Can you guess which book?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tonydiaz/discrimination-is-the-onl_b_7783704.html

[http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2015-08-03-1438598401-8983768-_LB06778FPH-thumb.jpg]<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tonydiaz/discrimination-is-the-onl_b_7783704.html>

Huffington Post article written by Tony Díaz<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tonydiaz/discrimination-is-the-onl_b_7783704.html>
www.huffingtonpost.com
Writer Dagoberto Gilb, who is banned in Arizona, author Denise Chavez, Tony Diaz-El Libroraficante, and The Librotraficantes as the Librotraficante Caravan ...

Email: hutchint at ohio.edu