[Currentcse] what you can do now...

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Sat Nov 12 10:21:09 EST 2016

Hi folks,

I know the outcome of this election, along with the whole debacle of an election campaign these past months, has been a challenge for most of us. Here is a link to a very thoughtful set of suggestions on how to de-stress and honor your feelings while taking care of yourself. Give it a try.

http://www.quarterlifecounselor.com/blog/2016/11/11/20-tips-to-release-stress-and-heal-trauma-from-this-election<http://www.quarterlifecounselor.com/blog/2016/11/11/20-tips-to-release-stress-and-heal-trauma-from-this-election>

[http://static1.squarespace.com/static/547e525de4b07558d36b9907/t/5826777cd482e98c457761d2/1478915973681/?format=1000w]<http://www.quarterlifecounselor.com/blog/2016/11/11/20-tips-to-release-stress-and-heal-trauma-from-this-election>

20 Tips to Release Stress and Heal Trauma after this #&*^@ Election<http://www.quarterlifecounselor.com/blog/2016/11/11/20-tips-to-release-stress-and-heal-trauma-from-this-election>
www.quarterlifecounselor.com
Friends, The stress and trauma of this election cycle -- and fears for the future -- are real. Many are enduring abuse now in their daily lives. All of us are trying to metabolize a painful year and what was for many a very shocking loss.  The common thread throughout these tips: your body needs to be tended to before anything else. Then your imagination needs to be nurtured. Try to take care of your animal-selves and get into play. Get away from thinking and worrying. We need to take care of ourselves. Here are 20 things to know about stress and what to do to stay healthy and resilient. We all need our health to fight back and stay in the space of love. We will win this thing in the end if we take deep care of ourselves and of each other, and if we try with all our might to raise ourselves up and refuse to be demeaned, destroyed, or defeated. When we are stressed or have experienced abuse or trauma, our executive functioning brains shut down. That means we aren't able to think clearly. We can feel disori

Email: hutchint at ohio.edu