[Currentcse] a bluesman public intellectual

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Fri Nov 11 10:03:32 EST 2016

In this devastating moment, I'm listening to my brother Cornel West, a public intellectual in this time of struggle. He says, "Since justice is what love looks like in public, you can't talk about loving folk if you're not fighting for justice, especially beginning with the least of these...".

We will be reading his work this next semester.

http://bigthink.com/videos/cornel-wests-catastrophic-love<http://bigthink.com/videos/cornel-wests-catastrophic-love>

[http://assets4.bigthink.com/system/idea_thumbnails/17240/primary/u6VCNRP0FkbZzYVn5hYjoxOmdiO92Oii.jpg?1257642933]<http://bigthink.com/videos/cornel-wests-catastrophic-love>

Cornel West's Catastrophic Love | Big Think<http://bigthink.com/videos/cornel-wests-catastrophic-love>
bigthink.com
Question: What is the "bluesman"? Cornel West: Well, see, the bluesman, of course, or the blueswoman, is someone who begins with the catastrophic.

Email: hutchint at ohio.edu