[Currentcse] 5 minutes of your time

Hutchinson, Jaylynne hutchinj at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 18 10:19:43 EST 2016

I invite you to take 5 minutes to watch this. I, too, have a deeply serious concern for what it means for us to be human when so much of our experience in our daily lives is mediated through a flat one-dimensional screen. Yes, you might see the beauty of a mountain or a mighty ocean, or your walk on the bike path or to class, but you have not seen it, touched it, smelled it, tasted it, felt it pressing your hands to the earth and the earth pressing back and touching you.

This, your, and the following generations are in trouble of losing what it means to be deeply and truly human and connected to "all our relations" on this earth. What can we do? What can I do? What can you do? Turn off the screen, put down the phone, take out the earplugs and go experience your world one to one. It is absolutely wonderful! And these experiences go beyond words to fill the soul and the soul is what connects us to one another.

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/neil-degrasse-tyson-the-most-human-activity/#.Vpz-GtCKohs.facebook<http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/neil-degrasse-tyson-the-most-human-activity/#.Vpz-GtCKohs.facebook>

[http://www.filmsforaction.org/img/large-wide-play-button/619869d4-703e-40d6-aab7-1b945cfaba4c.jpg]<http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/neil-degrasse-tyson-the-most-human-activity/#.Vpz-GtCKohs.facebook>

Neil DeGrasse Tyson - The Most Human Activity<http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/neil-degrasse-tyson-the-most-human-activity/#.Vpz-GtCKohs.facebook>
www.filmsforaction.org
5 minutes | "We spend the first year of a child's life teaching them to walk and talk and the rest of its life to shut up and sit down. There's something wrong there."

Email: hutchinj at ohio.edu