[Currentcse] Service learning programs abroad

Sprecher, Katharine sprecher at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 4 14:48:39 EST 2016

Hello everyone - another international social justice summer program. See below if you are interested! - Katharine

Katharine M. Sprecher, PhD
Lecturer, Critical Studies in Educational Foundations
Department of Educational Studies, Ohio University
N-278 Lindley Hall, Athens, OH 45701
sprecher at ohio.edu, 740-597-3373

BACKPACKING WITH A PURPOSE

Operation Groundswell is a non-profit organization that runs international volunteering programs, focusing on social justice issues and working alongside local activists, organizations, and communities. We are looking for globally conscious and socially active students who want to spend their summer exploring some of the most complex and beautiful countries in the world!

If you're into cultural exchange, meaningful community service, and off-the-beaten path adventure, apply by our early bird deadline on February 29th!

Space is limited.

*Financial assistance is available for all students on five- and six-week programs.

Check out where we go:

 www.operationgroundswell.com<http://www.operationgroundswell.com/>

[http://operationgroundswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/og-logo-small.png]<http://www.operationgroundswell.com/>

Backpacking with a Purpose | Operation Groundswell<http://www.operationgroundswell.com/>
www.operationgroundswell.com
Operation Groundswell takes people on backpacking trips with a purpose. Spend your next Spring or Summer in Africa, Asia or Latin America.

Summer programs are open in the following countries and regions:

India - Education or Gender Rights

 Southeast Asia - Conservation or Youth Empowerment

Middle East - Human Rights

Ghana - Global Health

Tanzania - Social Innovation

Uganda: Development or Youth Empowerment

Guatemala - Fair Trade Justice, Human Rights, or Peace & Conflict

Peru - Environment

Can't travel in the summer? Join us for our alternative breaks in the spring!

[Inline image 1]

--

DELLA ROSE. University Outreach Representative

1-888-422-0164

www.operationgroundswell.com<http://www.operationgroundswell.com/>

[Image removed by sender.]

BACKPACKING WITH A PURPOSE