[Currentcse] Workshop from People's Justice League

Hutchinson, Theodore hutchint at ohio.edu
Tue Dec 6 20:18:30 EST 2016

Hi folks,

This was just announced, and looks like a workshop that many of you might have an interest in. Besides having an inherent value and education in themselves, attending workshops like these can be added to a resume (under professional development/workshops attended, etc.) or to a job application. I'm not sure if I will be able to attend this Saturday, so I may or may not see some of you. I am hoping to be able to get to this...but one never knows! [😉]

"I Stand Beside You" Workshop hosted by People's Justice League
Saturday, December 10, 2016
2pm to 4pm
Arts West (132 W. State Street)
More on Facebook<http://ohio.us10.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=214a6f1bde&e=56d9545a7a>!

"I Stand Beside You" is a workshop and community discussion on how we can be positive allies to those facing discrimination and needing support, offered by the Peoples' Justice League. We will teach tactics in Bystander intervention, discuss how to best handle disclosures of abuse, assault and even undocumented status, as well as brainstorming and providing a list of community resources that an ally should have on hand.

Child care will be provided and youth are welcome to attend the workshop as well.

Email: hutchint at ohio.edu