[Currentcse] Updated CSE Schedule

Hutchinson, Jaylynne hutchinj at ohio.edu
Thu Mar 19 12:23:04 EDT 2015

Hello folks! This email is to inform you of a change in class schedules that we have made. Some of you may have heard that our Dr. Mike Hess has been given a new position as a tenure-track faculty with his major responsibilities to oversee the undergraduate Honors' programs in the College of Education.

This is good news for Mike because he has worked hard to deserve the position and will bring a good hearty CSE perspective to his work with Honors students. The only drawback for us is that Mike will not have the same amount of teaching time in our program.

Because we still want him to have an important and meaningful presence in our graduate program, we have flipped the offerings of EDCS 5040 which has been in the Fall to Spring Semester when Mike is free to teach it. This course is the one most representative of Mike's deep academic background in sociology of education, economic stratification, low-income rural schools, especially within Appalachia, etc.

That means we will be flipping EDCS 6010 Education & Cultural Diversity from Spring Semester to Fall Semester and Katharine will teach this next year during Fall.

If this change creates a hardship on anyone's planned schedule that would impact their graduation, please contact me as soon as possible and we will work to make arrangements that will assist you. Otherwise, students who have not yet taken EDCS 5040 will take that in the Spring Semester in the coming year, and take EDCS 6010 in Fall. If you have already taken EDCS 6010 then you can take an elective or your research class or start on your final Master's paper, etc., in the Fall semester.

Let me know if you have questions.

Best,  --Jaylynne

Email: hutchinj at ohio.edu