[Currentcse] Fw: Become part of democracy at work - Democracy Day, Athens/Meigs Counties

Hutchinson, Jaylynne hutchinj at ohio.edu
Wed Jun 3 10:42:26 EDT 2015

Hello...

For those of you in town, or close to town, you may be interested in participating in this meeting. The folks involved, and specifically John Howell who founded the local "Democracy Over Corporations", have been working on these issues for a long time.

Howell's work with this local organization has been doing significant education, organizing and pushing and moving both inside and outside the system. I served on a local social justice board with him years ago and he is deeply committed to changing the power structures that give corporate control the primacy.

If you are interested in working on, understanding, committed to, more socially just public communities in which we live, you might have an interest.

--Jaylynne  -- share with others who have an interest

(P.S. A lot of these folks will be older than you--more like me--but there are younger folks involved as well. What is good is that you can see the work of experienced activists who have tried many approaches over the years and are now working on important sustained changes for our local communities. This is certainly not short-term work.)

Email: hutchinj at ohio.edu