[Currentcse] NEW FALL SEMESTER SPECIAL TOPICS COURSE

Hutchinson, Jaylynne hutchinj at ohio.edu
Wed Aug 12 13:36:22 EDT 2015

Hello folks,

I wanted to let you know that we are offering a collaborative seminar this coming Fall semester that is both for upper division undergrads and for graduate students. This is going to be a truly collaborative learning community where we as a group of students and faculty (guest faculty will be facilitating topic discussions) will be creating the class and the readings and topics.

The topic outlined is called: "Reimagining OU: Shared Governance and Collective Solutions" and will look at the history of student activism at OU, OU institutional issues of concern today, and an overall perspective on student democratically developed activism on college campuses both here in the US and abroad. We have a full set of undergrads signed up (most of whom are active in different student organizations for social change) and would like to invite some graduate students who are interested in the topic and the style of co-creating the course and have it emerge from ourselves as a learning community.

It is listed as EDCS 6900, Class #13834. We meet on Mondays from 1 - 3 pm and the course is for 2 credits.

Please let me know if you have questions about this seminar. Feel free to share with other students you know who might be interested.

Thanks. --Jaylynne

Email: hutchinj at ohio.edu