[Currentcse] Attendance Requested

Hutchinson, Jaylynne hutchinj at ohio.edu
Thu Apr 9 16:23:10 EDT 2015

Hello CSE'rs...

Most of you know that CSE is sponsoring the inaugural Najee E. Muhammad Memorial Lecture that focuses on social justice and education. While most of you did not have a chance to meet or study with Dr. Muhammad, he was co-founding faculty member for CSE and his influence ranged wide.

He passed away just a little over a year ago and in his memory, we have a Foundation Fund to which folks may donate. These monies are used to support this annual "lecture" and provide a student who meets the criteria of education that Dr. Muhammad espoused. This year the award is being given to a well-deserving senior in the Diversity Studies Certificate program.

Given this is the one formal event that CSE sponsors, it is my wish that many of you as can attend the lecture this coming Wednesday, April 15th from 7 - 9 pm in Galbreath Chapel. As you can see from the flyer, this will not be a lecture, but is a performance piece and will be delivered by a very powerful performance scholar.  Your attendance represents our program and honors Dr. Muhammad, even though you may not have met him.

Hope to see many of you there.  Bring friends too!  Thank you.  --Jaylynne

Here's a link to a story on the WOUB website that describes more about the performance:

http://www.woub.org/2015/04/07/late-ou-professor-be-honored-one-woman-performance

Email: hutchinj at ohio.edu