[Currentcse] the Maya Angelou event

Hutchinson, Jaylynne hutchinj at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 18 13:00:56 EDT 2014

Hello,

As most of you know, our program and our Diversity Studies Certificate are co-sponsoring with the LGBT Center and others, the university-wide tribute event to Dr. Maya Angelou. We have designed the event to give maximum space for everyone who would like to participate, that opportunity -- students, staff, faculty. We are inviting folks to share a poem, art, music, Spoken Word, etc., of their own making that is inspired by Dr. Angelou's work, or choose a selection from Dr. Angelou's work that has touched them to share a reading of that.  We will also be providing the framework with video clips of Dr. Angelou sharing her own work, being interviewed, some music, etc.

In order to assure that we have a varied and thoughtful program, we are holding "Call for Performers" -- which means a call for anyone who would like to participate. I have attached the flyer that provides the dates and locations for folks to stop by who would like to let us know what they plan to do, and share that with us. There are three dates at different times of the day/evening to accommodate everyone's schedules.

If the work of Maya Angelou has been meaningful to you or inspired you, please consider participating. In addition, please share with your peers, friends and colleagues. This event will be as successful as what the participants bring.

Let me know if you have questions.  --Jaylynne

(P.S.  The event is on Friday, October 24th--and the Call for Performers begin next Friday.)

Email: hutchinj at ohio.edu