[Currentcse] FW: COMS 6900, Ethnography and Oral History: A Performance Based Approach

Hutchinson, Jaylynne hutchinj at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 22 09:13:55 EDT 2014

Hello CSE'rs:

As you know our program requires a minimum of one research course in your master's degree program. Generally speaking, students take EDRE 5010 Intro to Research. For those of you who are interested more deeply in powerful and more cutting edge research methodologies, please consider the course described below. Dr. Chawla is one of my outstanding colleagues in the COMS program and teaches from a critical and post-colonial perspective.

Please note that if you choose to take this course as your research course, you should have some background in qualitative research. If you are deeply interested in this class but do not have a background in qualitative research, talk to your advisor. They may be able to recommend a good introductory book on qual research that you would read independently (or in a small group) prior to the start of the Spring Semester course.

As an aside NOTE:  it is that time of the semester when you should be making advising appointments with your CSE advisor to plan for Spring Semester.

Have a thought-provoking day!  --Jaylynne

Email: hutchinj at ohio.edu