[Currentcse] the loss of Professor Maxine Greene

Hutchinson, Jaylynne hutchinj at ohio.edu
Fri May 30 13:31:56 EDT 2014

Hello all,

It seems we have lost many powerful voices this year as they have finished their physical life on earth, starting with our own loss of Dr. Muhammad, then the powerful scholarly voices of Dr. Stuart Hall, Dr. Maya Angelou, Nelson Mandela, and just now, Ashley shared with me that yesterday, Dr. Maxine Greene, who some of you read this past semester, passed away.

For those who were in class with me last semester for EDCS 5010 Philosophy and History of Education, recall our final assignment of a Reader's Theater? If there is a "place beyond" -- imagine the conversation they are having!

--Jaylynne

Email: hutchinj at ohio.edu