[Currentcse] class

Walter, Abby aw226407 at ohio.edu
Sat Aug 30 07:59:22 EDT 2014

Hello Fellow Critical Studiers,
For those of you that don't know me my name is Abby Walter. I am a third year critical studies student (just can't leave!), and I thought I'd pass along some information regarding a class I am taking that might be relevant or of interest to you all.

The class is Philosophy in Experiential Education taught by Bruce Martin. It covers topics that are related to experiential education, the pedagogy that involves more hands-on student centered learning, which often takes place outdoors but does not have to. We are reading some of the same material covered by cultural/critical studies such as John Dewey and Paulo Freire. The class is in the recreation education department, but my professor said that he loves to have critical studies majors in the class because of their knowledge of educational theory.

Anyway, this class would count for one of the two electives you have you have to take to graduate and it sounds very relevant and interesting. So if you're looking for another class sign up for REC 6800 for Thursday evenings 5-7:50. Either way, see you all at the CSE social!

~abby?