[Currentcse] Welcome Back!

Hutchinson, Jaylynne hutchinj at ohio.edu
Fri Aug 22 14:12:46 EDT 2014

Hello all!

This is to welcome both our continuing CSE students and our new first year CSE students. We are looking forward to working together this year as a community of scholars. Generally the first week or two of Fall Semester is a busy and sometimes confusing time since most everyone, faculty and students, are just getting back to Athens and the start of a new year so many have not had time to meet up with their advisors, or figure out navigating a new campus or new to graduate study, etc. Not to worry, before you know it we will all settle into a rhythm that takes us into the Fall.

Just a couple of notes for us:

First, a reminder that this particular listserv contains all continuing active students in CSE. The majority of you are still taking classes, but some of you are also on the list because you are working on and finishing your final master's paper along with your full-time work in the world. Please feel free to utilize this listserv to post announcements that you feel are relevant to the commitments of our program and learning. To make an announcement that goes to all current CSE students, use the following as the listserv address: <currentcse at listserv.ohio.edu>.

Second, we will be holding our OPENING SOCIAL GET-TOGETHER of the year on Friday, September 19th from 6 - 9 pm at my (Jaylynne's) home. For those who are new, I will send out directions later as it gets near. Please everyone, new and continuing, put this on your calendar so we can all meet one another and say "hi" to old friends.

Third, I apologize in advance, but I will not be available at school much at all during this first week of classes. I know it is inconvenient and it's stressing me out as well, but I figure once in a lifetime of work is okay. My oldest son is coming back into town to be married over Labor Day Weekend and my family (west coast) who have never been here to Athens is coming in throughout the week and we're all working on the preparations since it is a bi-coastal wedding. So, most of my attention and time will be going to these things during the first week. I have notified our department secretary and chair whose offices are in the suite where mine is as well.

I will be in the building for my classes on Tuesday afternoon and Tuesday evening. I will still be checking email so if you have questions that can be answered via email, please feel free to do that. In addition, if your advisor is Dr. Hess or Dr. Sprecher you can contact them as I believe they will be in the building quite a bit of the week.

If there are emergencies, I will gladly work to respond to them so don't hesitate to let me know.

Looking forward!   --Jaylynne

Email: hutchinj at ohio.edu