[Cssa-L] Help needed with speech recording

octas octas at 163.com
Fri Oct 7 10:37:17 EDT 2011

Dear scholars and students,We are looking for adult native speakers of Mandarin Chinese to participate in a research study on the cognitive processes involved in comprehending spoken words. Your participation will help the researchers to develop speech materials for use in a study on the cognitive processes.

Eligible participants will be asked to sit in front of a microphone and read aloud a list of Mandarin syllables. Your speech will be recorded onto a sound file. We will also collect information about your age and language background. No personal information will be identified from the file names or the age/language background data.

You should not participate in this study if you are not a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese, or if you have had
any history of speech and hearing disorders.

Your participation in the study will last for approximately 20 minutes. At the end of the recording session, you will be paid $5 as compensation for your time and effort.Please reply to this email or call 274-one six nine five if interested.Thanks a lot!