[Cssa-L] Fwd: Alumni Needs Help with Research

Weijia Zhang 1weijiazhang1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 23:05:15 EDT 2010

------------------------------
*From:* Michael Burns [Michael.Burns at ndsu.edu]
*Sent:* Monday, April 26, 2010 10:05
*To:* cssa.ou at hotmail.com
*Subject:* Alumni Needs Help with Research

   Hello,

 My name is Michael Burns and I am OU alumni (2005) and now a PhD student at
North Dakota State University.  I am conducting research on American and
Chinese families and need your organization's help. I am looking at family
communication styles of family members in both cultures. Below you will find
a recruitment email in English and in Chinese with a link to an online
survey that is also in Chinese. Would you please pass this along to OU's
Chinese students and encourage them to participate. They would need to
complete the survey and have at least one family member also complete this
survey (mom, dad, spouse) by forwarding the email to them. They just have to
be 18 or older. The survey does not take long at all.

 I also want to point out that sometimes, depending on your computer, the
email will not show the Chinese characters. If that is the case and you need
to me to send you the email to another email account please let me know.The
link to the website seems to work with any computer. I also attached a word
document with the information in Chinese as well as  the link. It is
basically the same thing the email says. Please let me know if you can help
or not or if you have any questions. Thank you!

 Michael

   Hello,

             We researchers in the Department of Communication at North
Dakota State University and We are conducting a study looking at how
American and Chinese families differ in their communication styles and
topics. If you are 18 or older and are American or Chinese, you can choose
to complete an online survey that will ask you a series of questions about
your communication within your family.

 If you are interested in participating in this study please click on the
link provided, this link will take you to the consent form for you to read,
and if you agree you can continue onto the survey.
 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/93NSC9S

 Please pass this email along to your immediate family members who are also
18 so they can decide to participate if they are interested. If you have any
questions about this study please do not hesitate to ask us.

              You will find a Chinese version of this invitation attached
below and in the attachment.

 Nan Yu, Ph.D.
 nan.yu at ndsu.edu
 701-231-7300

 Michael Burns
 michael.burns at ndsu.edu <Michael.burns at ndsu.edu>
 701-231-8586

 *欢迎参加我们的研究***
 * *
 您好,

 当您与您家庭成员间的沟通时候,您是否有过困惑?您是否想过您应该怎样和您的家庭成员间进行沟通呢?
我们是来自于美国北达科他州立大学传媒系的学者。此课题至于研究美国与中国家庭之间在于交流和沟通风格以及话题上的区别。

 如果您已年满18
周岁或以上,并且是美国或中国人,您可以通过参与在线问卷调查。这个调查包括了一系列有关家庭沟通的问题。此问卷不含任何涉及您个人信息或是您与家庭成员具体谈话内容的问题。您只需要回答您是如何与您家庭成员进行交流的,以及您是否对于这样的交流过程满意。

 *如果您选择参与这一问卷调查,您还需要邀请至少一位您家庭成员独立完成另外一份问卷(父亲母亲配偶或亲兄弟姐妹)。*
问卷中将会要求您提供您的姓名以及您所邀请的家庭成员的姓名。但是,您的姓名信息只会被用来核对家庭关系。这些信息将不会出现在研究报告中。您的家庭成员将不会看到您在这一问卷调查中所给出的选择。

 如果您有兴趣参与这一研究,请点击以下提供的链接。这一链接将会导向知情许可文件页面,如果您同意的话就能参与这一问卷调查了。

 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/93NSC9S

 请您将这一邮件也转发给您想要邀请参与这一研究的18周岁以上的家庭成员(父亲母亲或亲兄弟姐妹)。如果您有任何有关这一研究项目的问题,请您立即与我们联系。
(nanyu at ndsu.edumichael.burns at ndsu.edu)

 非常感谢您有兴趣参与我们研究!并且我想要提醒您,如果您决定参加这一研究,请您务必将这一封电子邮件转发给您的18
周岁以上的家庭成员(父亲母亲或亲兄弟姐妹)。

 俞南 博士
 nan.yu at ndsu.edu
 701-231-7705