[Csi-L] FW: Message regarding Justice careers for Chi Sigma Iota, Alpha Chapter

Henry, Jessica jh112603 at ohio.edu
Wed Nov 6 15:31:23 EST 2013

Hi there,

 DART is hiring 9 individuals for full-time, salaried careers in grassroots community organizing.  Positions are competitive (last year 7 were hired from 540 applicants), but we find that folks who are involved with campus organizations often have the type of self-motivation we look for in our organizers.

My colleage, Clarissa Epps, will be on campus at OU this Wednesday, Nov. 13 at 6pm in Morton Hall 115 to talk about these opportunities.  Let me know if you'll be able to help get word out, via any listservs, facebook, announcements at an upcoming meeting, etc.  (also let me know if you personally are interested in attending).

Take care,
Hannah

Hannah Wittmer
Associate Recruitment Director
Direct Action and Research Training Center
(785) 438-9808
hannah at thedartcenter.org
www.thedartcenter.org

Message to forward to alumni and current students:

Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice Available to  students and alums!

The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center, will be on campus  to discuss careers in the field of community organizing with individuals interested in empowering communities and working for social change.

RSVP by contacting Hannah Wittmer at hannah at thedartcenter.org with your name, phone #, and graduation date (actual or expected).

DART is now accepting applications for the 2014 DART Organizers Institute, the paid training and career placement program for individuals interested in launching a career in community organizing. The DART Center has built coalitions throughout the country that have won important victories on a broad set of justice issues including:

* Education reform in low-performing public schools
* Job Training
* Drugs and Violence
* Criminal Recidivism
* Living Wage
* Neighborhood Revitalization
* Predatory Lending
* Affordable Housing, etc.

The DART Organizers Institute combines a classroom orientation with infield training at a local grassroots organization.  Organizers are provided with a cost of living stipend and travel. Graduates of the Organizers Institute are placed into permanent full-time, salaried positions earning $34,000/year + benefits.

The DART Organizers Institute will begin June 16, 2014.  Training locations and permanent placements sites include cities in Ohio, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, South Carolina, Virginia and Florida.