[Csi-L] How to join the Alpha Chapter of CSI!!

Laura Jeanette Pressley laura.pressley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 23:12:49 EST 2013

PROCEDURE FOR JOINING THE ALPHA CHAPTER OF CHI SIGMA IOTA (CSI)

****

Membership is open to counseling students who have completed 18 or more
credits in the graduate programs in counselor education at OU or those who
are alumni of the program. A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher is required
along with an endorsement of faculty. Prospective members of the Alpha
Chapter of CSI must demonstrate a capacity to represent the best about
professional counseling including appropriate professional behavior,
ethical judgment, emotional maturity, and attitudes conducive to working to
advocate for wellness and human dignity for all. Students are not required
to approach individual faculty members in order to be endorsed. Once you
apply Dr. Christine Suniti Bhat (the Alpha Chapter faculty advisor) will
check in with faculty regarding any concerns or reservations they might
have.

1. Apply for membership online at http://www.csi-net.org [Membership Tab on
the left, or directly at:

http://www.csi-net.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=689]  *before
Feb 8th, 2013*.

Please note: if you apply after this date we cannot initiate you into the
Alpha Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota until next year (April 2014). We only do
one initiation drive during  Spring of each year.
2. Select Alpha Chapter as your chapter and pay the fee ($50) by credit
card online
3. Send Dr. Bhat an email informing her that you have applied and copy and
paste your most recent DARS report showing GPA in the email (bhatc at ohio.edu
).
4. CSI will contact Dr Bhat to check if the faculty endorses your
application
5. If yes, your credit card will be charged and your membership will be
processed.

BANQUET INFORMATION
The Alpha Chapter of CSI banquet is scheduled for Friday, March 15th 2013,
at 7:00 PM at the Baker Center.
Our guest of honor is Dr. Michael Brubaker, the Academic Coordinator and
Assistant Professor for the School of Human Services at the University of
Cincinnati. Dr. Brubaker was elected Secretary of CSI International in 2011.

During the banquet new members of the honor society will be inducted and
graduating students will be honored. Meal tickets are likely to be $20-$25
per person and students are encouraged to bring family members and friends
as guests. More information on exact pricing and about how tickets can be
purchased will be available soon. We do not charge more than what catering
charges for dinner. The Alpha Chapter of CSI runs a blind auction after
dinner as a fund raiser for programs held during the year. If you have new
items that you would like to donate to the auction or if you have a
business contact to secure a donation please assist with securing
donations. If you are securing a donation from a business please inform
Laura Pressley, President of the Alpha chapter of CSI (
laura.pressley at gmail.com)* *and Amber Casey, VP (amber.d.casey at gmail.com) –
we must be careful that someone else does not approach the same business
for a donation.

Leadership - If you are interested in serving in a leadership position next
year, please contact any of the current leadership team or Dr Bhat.

Any questions? Please contact Dr Bhat (bhatc at ohio.edu) or Alpha Chapter
president Laura Pressley.

Thank you!

Laura Jeanette Pressley, MA, PC
Ohio University - Doctoral Student
Counselor Education and Supervision
President - Alpha Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota