[Csi-L] CSI Meeting 1/22 from 3-4 and Leadership Event!!

Laura Jeanette Pressley laura.pressley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:04:41 EST 2013

Greetings CSI and Counselor Education Students and Faculty and Alumni!!

I hope you had a WONDERFUL break and are enjoying your first week back!! :)

I am really looking forward to kicking this upcoming semester off, and the
Executive Board of CSI has planned some great events this semester, and are
looking forward to seeing you there!

We will be starting the semester with our first meeting which will be:

*Tuesday, January 22, 2013 from 3-4 in McCracken 214A*

The Agenda is attached!! Please come and learn about joining CSI, the
Upcoming Banquet, and about upcoming events that the Alpha Chapter will be
having.

Sincerely,

Laura

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Additionally:

On February 22, 2013 the Eta Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota [@Youngstown State
University] is hosting an Advocacy and Leadership Workshop for CSI members
from chapters across Ohio.

Students will also have an opportunity to present their research a poster
in a 30 minute session at this workshop (proposal form attached. The
deadline is Feb 1st to submit a proposal).

Dr. Bhat [our Alpha Chapter Advisor!] as well as Dr. Victoria Kress, Dr.
Cynthia Osborn, and Dr. John Laux will be part of a panel on Leadership and
Advocacy.

The purpose of the summit is to provide practical information where CSI
members and counseling professions can learn leadership styles and advocacy
skills.  Additionally, the summit will provide participants an avenue for
CSI members to network with each other.

Its $10.00 for Counselor Ed/CSI Members - please register by Feb 10th - the
form is attached.

Attached to this email is the Call for Proposals
<http://www.csi-net.org/associations/2151/files/Call_for_Proposals_Advocacy_Leadership_2-22-13.docx>
and conference brochure<http://www.csi-net.org/associations/2151/files/Advocacy_and_Leadership_Brochure.pdf>
so
please join your fellow Ohio CSI members in supporting the goals of this
important initiative.

If you have questions, please contact Angie Cameron at:  amcameron at ysu.edu.

Laura Jeanette Pressley, MA, PC
Ohio University - Doctoral Student
Counselor Education and Supervision
President - Alpha Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota