[Csi-L] CSI Mentorship Program

Henry, Jessica jh112603 at ohio.edu
Wed Aug 28 17:42:37 EDT 2013

Hello Mentors:

Once again, thank you all for volunteering to serve as mentors to the new and incoming students. During last weeks orientation we took time to assign you all mentees. We trust that you will reach out to them via email to exchange information and genuinely extend the offer to be a helping hand. The purpose of the mentoring program is to help the student have a smooth transition into their programs whether masters or doctoral.

The new students were informed that they would be receiving an email from their mentors within the first week of school. I have drafted an example letter listed below for you to use. Please reach out. You are now an experienced/seasoned source of support that can help them feel welcome. Some of you may have mentees from the Chillicothe campus; however, even an email can help them feel welcome as future counselors.

Attached is the mentor/mentee roster. Please find the names of the students next to your names. We will follow-up to with you all to see how things are going during the first chapter meeting of the semester on Thursday, Sept.19th at 1:30pm.

Best Regard,

Welcome to the Counselor Education program in the Patton College. I have been assigned as your 2013-2014 academic school year mentor. I am here to support your transition into the program and I am open to answer any questions you may have. I can offer you tips on how to make it through the year as stress free as possible.

My (cell phone/email address) is ________________ at blahblah.com. Feel free to contact me. I hope to meet you in person at the fall social event Friday, September 6th @5:30pm at Pigskins in Uptown Athens. We can get acquainted more then. Please remember about the first chapter meeting of the year which will be held on September 19th @1:30pm and every third thursday of the month there after.

Sincerely,

Your new cheerleader

(insert name here)

Jessica S. Henry, MRC., CTRS
President of Chi Sigma Iota, Alpha Chapter
Counselor Education and Supervision Program
Gladys W.& David H. Patton College of Education