[Csi-L] How can I be more involved in CSI?

Williams, Natalie nw351909 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 30 13:29:28 EST 2012

How Can I Be More Involved in CSI? by Natalie Williams

I have received several emails and engaged in conversation with a few students who have expressed interest in Chi Sigma Iota but are unsure how they can become more involved.  No one is expected to do everything, but everyone can do something. We are all busy, but we are also dedicated to maintaining our commitment to professional development, service, and social activities.

***New Professional and graduates are also welcome to join us in any and all activities.****
**All activities are open to all counseling students - members and non-members**

Please see attached for a list of CSI events for the entire year. Below, I have also listed a few upcoming tasks that could use assistance.

If any of these sparks your interest, please let me know and we can get you plugged in!

1) Chapter Awards - nominate yourself, a colleague, or a professor for an award from CSI Alpha Chapter.
2) Advocacy Grant - we have been awarded a grant to organize an advocacy training for students, counselors, and faculty. If you want to help plan this, just let me know.
3) Annual Induction Banquet - calling all party planners! We need you to help plan this prestigious event, featuring Dr. Tom Sweeney as keynote.
4) Sue Apple 5k Run/Walk - all athletes and sports fanatics are welcome to help plan and participate in this event.

And the list goes on....Pick a spot and jump right in :)

To sign up to help with any CSI activity, email me and I will direct you to the right person/committee.

We truly appreciate your ongoing support,

Natalie F. Williams, M.S.
Doctoral Student
President - Chi Sigma Iota, Alpha Chapter