[CPN] Proposed New Articles Regarding Panclade Names

de Queiroz, Kevin deQueirozK at si.edu
Wed Oct 10 16:41:35 EDT 2018

Dear CPN members,

I have added “names” to Article 14.5 as suggested by Jim Doyle.  That was a simple error.

Regarding Article 14.2, I have modified the article along the lines suggested by Jim but with a somewhat different wording (approved by Phil).  The article now reads (new material in bold, deletions in strikethru):

14.2.  If there are two or more synonyms for a clade, the accepted name for that clade is the earliest acceptable one that applies to it, except in cases of conservation (Art. 15), or precedence of a panclade name (Arts. 14.4), or precedence of a younger panclade name over an older one to maintain consistency with crown clade names (Art. 14.5).

There is no need to approve these changes if you have already approved the previous version.  If you have not approved the new articles, please do so, or let us know of other problems, by 17 October.

Thanks.

Kevin