[CPN] Proposed New Articles

de Queiroz, Kevin deQueirozK at si.edu
Tue Feb 10 14:01:55 EST 2015

CPN Members,

Phil and I are proposing the addition of new Art. 20.4 to deal with ambiguity concerning how to cite the authors of new clade names.  Our solution to this problem led to the realization that we had not explicitly defined the concept of a new clade name in the body of the Code (although it was defined in the Glossary), so we are also proposing a new Art. 6.2 to rectify that situation, as well as a minor modification of current Art. 6.3.  Please see the attached document.

Please let us know if you approve these changes by sending a reply to me (dequeirozk at si.edu) within the next two weeks (deadline 5:00 PM EST, 24 March).  Thanks.

Kevin