[CPN] additions to proposed modifications

David Marjanovic david.marjanovic at gmx.at
Tue Nov 12 22:54:11 EST 2013

Unfortunately I have less time than expected and probably can't read the proposed modifications this week. So just one thing now:

Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. November 2013 um 17:25 Uhr
Von: "Graham, Sean" <swgraham at mail.ubc.ca>
An: "James Doyle" <jadoyle at ucdavis.edu>, "Committee on Phylogenetic Nomenclature" <cpn at listserv.ohio.edu>
Betreff: Re: [CPN] additions to proposed modifications

> I suggest we avoid the wordy “his or her” throughout the document and use the single-person neutral “their”, which seems to be where English is heading in terms of useage.

I agree; what's more, in most of these cases we can simply talk about plural authors and keep everyone happy. Fewer and fewer papers are authored by a single person these days.