[CPN] Results of vote on deletion of Note 13.2.2 and changes in Rec. 21.3A

Cantino, Philip cantino at ohio.edu
Sat Apr 13 08:19:53 EDT 2013

Dear CPN members,

Both changes were approved by a 11-0 vote with one member not voting.  This finally concludes the series of discussions and votes that grew out of the CBM proposal to remove all mention of species from the PhyloCode.  Although their proposal as an integrated whole was rejected, it inspired many changes in the code.  I am in the process of preparing a copy of the code that uses the Track Changes function of Word to show all of the modifications that resulted from the CBM proposal.  When I finish it, probably sometime next week, I will send it to the three authors of that proposal as well as to the CPN.

During the long period (more than a year) that the CPN has been dealing with species-releated issues, Kevin and I have been working on other aspects of the code and have generated a substantial list of proposed changes, some of which arose in the process of dealing with issues that have become apparent in editing Companion Volume entries.  We would like to start with a set of changes that concern the names of the basic kinds of phylogenetic definitions, how we word them, and their standardized abbreviations.  I will send you this set of proposals early next week.

Regards,
Phil

Begin forwarded message: