[CPN] FW: Revision of proposed changes in Art. 21

de Queiroz, Kevin deQueirozK at si.edu
Mon Apr 1 14:02:47 EDT 2013

Of course we could have an arbitrary rule that the species name must agree with the last clade name ("address") in a series, or the first, or N - 1, but there really isn't any point to doing this given that the combinations are no longer being treated as binomina (wherein the species name is an adjectival modifier of the genus name and therefore must agree with it in gender, number, and case)--they are just species names with clade "addresses".

Kevin