[CPN] Revision of proposed changes in Art. 21

Cantino, Philip cantino at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 25 11:41:05 EDT 2013

Dear CPN members,

Discussion of the proposed changes in Art. 21 seems to have ended.  In a March 16 email message, David M. raised several issues.  Several of us voiced objections to David's proposed recommendation about stating one's species concept when describing a new species under a rank-based code, but he raised several other issues in that message, which I think are valid.

In the attached revision of the proposed changes, Kevin and I have addressed the issues David raised.  In some cases we adopted his proposed wording, and in some we did not.  All changes from the document I sent you on March 15 are highlighted in yellow.  So if you already decided you approve the wording of that earlier set of proposals, you only need to read the yellow-highlighted sections of this set.

Let's give ourselves a couple of days to comment on the new parts.  If no additional issues arise, I'll call for a vote on Wednesday.

Phil