[CPN] Art. 1.1 and the term "taxon" in the PhyloCode; PLEASE VOTE

James Doyle jadoyle at ucdavis.edu
Fri Mar 1 01:37:15 EST 2013

Hello Phil et al.,

I've finally looked over all these documents, and I approve of Kevin
and Phil's final version.  I didn't know about the difference between
botanical and zoological definitions of "taxon" - my natural
inclination (maybe due to subliminal botanical indoctrination) would
be to balk at the idea of an unnamed taxon, but I can see it could be
useful to extend the term to an entity one was considering how to
name!  Assuming that's the point...

Phil, concerning your comment last week that "The last thing I want
to do is be heavy handed in running the CPN" - "heavy handed" is
indeed one of the last terms I would think of applying to you!

Jim

--
James A. Doyle
Department of Evolution and Ecology