[CPN] next set of CBM-related proposals

de Queiroz, Kevin deQueirozK at si.edu
Mon Oct 29 10:56:26 EDT 2012

When it comes to the definition of "clade", it's a bit over-simplified to declare that other people are simply wrong.  They would argue that the definition of "clade" is "an ancestral _species_ and all of its descendants".  Moreover, some of them might also argue that it is useful to distinguish terminologically between groups composed of an ancestor and all of its descendants that conform (more or less) to a nested hierarchical pattern (species, uniparental organisms) and those that do not (biparental organisms).

Kevin