[CPN] Fwd: Fwd: Decision on proposal with respect to species

Cantino, Philip cantino at ohio.edu
Sun May 13 15:18:36 EDT 2012

I prefer Kevin Padian's suggested mechanism.  The problem with sending all of our comments to the proposal authors is that some of the longer messages are no longer relevant.  For example, I don't think it would be productive to send Nico et al. the lengthy counterproposal that I sent to the listserv on Jan. 15.  Much of it was an attempt to find compromise wording I could live with for particular articles, but in many of these cases I prefer the current wording.  Since the CPN has already voted overwhelmingly not to accept the entire Cellinese et al. proposal, most of my suggestions in the Jan. 15 message are no longer relevant.  The same may also apply to some of the long messages sent by other CPN members.  I like Kevin P's suggestion that those of us who wish to may prepare a summary of our objections to the Cellinese et al. proposal.  Mine would draw from my previous comments but would be a lot briefer and more succinct.   If this mechanism is adopted, I would hope that everyone who was actively involved in the discussion would send something to the proposal authors, though it might either be their previous comments as originally submitted or an abbreviated summary, whatever that person prefers.

I do think that all comments from people who are not CPN members should be sent to the proposal authors.

Phil

Begin forwarded message: