[CPN] time to move towards a decision on the Cellinese et al. proposal

David Tank dtank at uidaho.edu
Wed Mar 7 17:03:14 EST 2012

Dear CPN,

There have been several weeks of silence on the discussion re: the Cellinese et al. species proposal, and I believe it is time to proceed to a vote.  Because this is a dense proposal with quite a few related topics and proposed changes to the code, as a committee we need to decide on a process for moving towards a decision.

At this point I would like suggestions from you on how a vote should be structured.  Once we have a structure that we agree on, we can return a decision to the authors of the proposal.

Thanks much.

Dave

PS - in case you have not been looking at Sys Biol advance access, the Cellinese et al. point of view is in press.  http://sysbio.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/recent
David C. Tank
Assistant Professor & Director, Stillinger Herbarium
University of Idaho
208.885.7033
dtank at uidaho.edu
http://www.phylodiversity.net/dtank/